Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Todd Huttenstine[_3_] Todd Huttenstine[_3_] is offline

Default Addition code for 110 TextBoxes

I set the type to MSforms.Textbox. Here is my new code.

MODULE1:
Option Explicit
Dim Boxes() As New Class1

Sub ShowDialog()
'Buttons to Boxes
'ButtonCount to TextCount
'ButtonGroup to TextGroup

Dim TextCount As Integer
Dim ctl As Control

' Create the Button objects
TextCount = 0
For Each ctl In UserForm1.Controls
'If TypeName(ctl) = "MSforms.Textbox" Then
'If ctl.Name < "OKButton" Then
TextCount = TextCount + 1
ReDim Preserve Boxes(1 To TextCount)
Set Boxes(TextCount).ButtonGroup = ctl
'End If
'End If
Next ctl
UserForm1.Show
End Sub

CLASS1:
Public WithEvents ButtonGroup As MSforms.TextBox

Private Sub ButtonGroup_Click()
MsgBox "Hello from " & ButtonGroup.Name
End Sub

Now the form pops up but nothing happens when I click any textbox.
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
But what will fire the macro - 110 event macros?

Tom Ogilvy

John Wilson wrote in message
Todd,

Another option..................
This would be easier if what you wanted to add were already
sequentially numbered.

If it's possible to rename the TextBoxes from let's say
TextBox1 to TB1, TB2, etc.
I'm sure this probably isn't feasable if you already have code linked
to the TextBoxes, but for future reference.....................

You could then use a loop to add them up:

Example:

Sub TestMe()
Dim x As Integer
Dim mysum As Integer
mysum = 0
On Error Resume Next
For x = 1 To 110
mysum = mysum + Val(UserForm1.Controls("TB" & x).Value)
Next x
On Error GoTo 0
MsgBox mysum
End Sub

John

"Todd Huttenstine" wrote in message
The below code adds up all the values of the specified TextBoxes. I

need
this code to run after any value in any of the specified textboxes

change
in
addition to another 88 TextBoxes that I have not listed. Instead of

having
to put this code in all 110 TextBoxes, is there an easier way to get

this
code to run?

TextBox9.Value TextBox14.Value + TextBox19.Value + TextBox24.Value +
TextBox29.Value + TextBox34.Value + _
TextBox39.Value + TextBox44.Value + TextBox49.Value + TextBox54.Value

+
TextBox59.Value + TextBox64.Value + _
TextBox69.Value + TextBox74.Value + TextBox79.Value + TextBox84.Value

+
TextBox89.Value + TextBox94.Value + _
TextBox99.Value + TextBox104.Value + TextBox109.Value + TextBox114

Thank you

Todd Huttenstine