Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell Values On User Form

Gregor,

A Dropdown (Listbox or Combobox) is a control in its own right, as is a
Textbox. Thus you can't have a textbox that has a dropdown.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"gregork" wrote in message
Thank you Bob, I really appreciate your help, as you would have noticed

I'm
very inexperienced with VBA but I have learnt allot tonight just from
fiddling around with these codes you've kindly provided. There is one more
thing I would really like to know how to do - that is how do you insert
dropdown lists on a form ? On my sheet for example - I would like text

box1
to have a drop down list of the values in sheet 2 Column A.

Regards
gregK

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Gregor,

I assume that you are getting that problem when nothing is entered in
Textbox1? If so, this should take care of it

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
Dim nMatch As Long
With TextBox1
If .Text < "" Then
On Error Resume Next
nMatch = WorksheetFunction.Match(.Text, Range("A1:A10"), 0)
On Error GoTo 0
If nMatch < 0 Then
TextBox2.Text = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(.Text, _
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1:C10"), 2, False)
TextBox3.Text = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(.Text, _
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1:C10"), 3, False)
Else
MsgBox "Value Not Found"
.SelLength = Len(.Text)
.SelStart = 0