Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programmatically adding buttons to a worksheet (Shape Object)

Philip,

Try this

xBtnShape.Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "Bob"

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Phil" wrote in message

I want to add forms control buttons (shapes) to a worksheet dynamically.

Trouble is, although I can change the name and so on I cannot find out where
the caption property is...

I am doing this in code:

Dim xBtnShape As Shape

Set xBtnShape = Distribution.Shapes.AddFormControl(xlButtonControl ,

Range("D1").Left, Range("D1").Top, Range("e1").Left - Range("d1").Left,
Range("e2").Top - Range("e1").Top)
xBtnShape.Name = "cmdClassXXX"
xBtnShape.Visible = msoCTrue

<<<< END CODE <<<<

so how can I change the caption text of the new button to what I want

instead of the defaukt...which is like Button 10 or something....

thanks

Philip