Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Donald Parker Donald Parker is offline

Default Need help with simple VBA Script

Neither of these suggestions have solved my problem. One more observation I
have made - the same macro that fails when it is attached to one worksheet
runs find when it is attached to another. It seems there is some sort of
scoping or control concept here that I am missing.

I'm less interested in making the symptoms disappear with code examples that
work but look equivalent to me than I am in understanding why what I have
done is not current.

Thanks again,

Don

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
That will work as long as Sheet1 is the activesheet, but using your with
statement has no effect on the result. You need to put periods in front of
your range references in the with statement.

Sub AAA()

Sheets("Sheet1").Range("b3").FormulaArray = _
"=SUM(IF(sheet2!b$3:b$7=$A3,1,0))"
With Sheets("sheet1")
.Range("b3").AutoFill Destination:= _
.Range("b3:e3"), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End With

Tom Ogilvy

Peter Atherton wrote in message
Donald

I've rewritten your code and this seems to work for data
in the same sheet
Sub test()
' this next statement works fine
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("b3").FormulaArray = "=SUM(IF
(sheet2!b$3:b$7=$A3,1,0))"
With Sheets("sheet1")
Range("b3").AutoFill Destination:=Range("b3:e3"), _
Type:=xlFillDefault
End With
Sheets("sheet3").Select
Range("b3").Select