Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike[_40_] Mike[_40_] is offline

Default filling combo box

Thanks for the code. I would prefer to use the first code example. But I
am having trouble programming with columncount property. I have 3 columns
to be displayed in the combobox.
I do I do that? BoundColumn will be set to 1.

Lastly, how do I sort the values within the combo box?

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Mike,

This is the sort of thing.

This example loads the combobox directly

Workbooks.Open Filename:="c:\myTest\Testfile_1.xls"
With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1")
For i = 1 To 10
.ComboBox1.AddItem ActiveSheet.Range("B" & i).Value
Next i
.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0
End With
ActiveWorkbook.Close

This example copies the data to this workbook and directs the combobox to
that data

Workbooks.Open Filename:="c:\myTest\Testfile_1.xls"
With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1")
ActiveSheet.Range("D1:D10").Copy .Range("A1")
.ComboBox1.ListFillRange = "A1:A10"
.ComboBox1.ListIndex = 0
End With
ActiveWorkbook.Close

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mike" wrote in message
Is there a site with sample code? This is a combo box on the worksheet,

not
a userform.