Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default IsBroken property

Dennis,

YHou won't see it in the Object Browser un less you set a reference to the
Microsoft Visual Basic For Applications (Tools References). Then if you
select the VBIDE Project Library, and un der References you will see
IsBroken.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"DennisE" wrote in message
To check whether early binding to external libraries
is in place, I have incorporated the routine shown on page
512 of Excel 2002 VBA by Bulen/Green/Bovey/Rosenberg
as part of my Auto_Open macro. Here are the core lines:

Sub Auto_Open()
Dim ref as Object
For each ref In ThisWorkBook.VBProject.References
If ref.IsBroken Then
MsgBox ref.Name & " is broken; please reinstall."
Next

My question is, search as I may, I cannot find any mention
(let alone description) of the IsBroken property anywhere else
in the world. Certainly not in the Object Browser as a class,
member, or element of any Library, not in the MS Knowledge
Base, or through a Google search. Excel seems to accept
IsBroken as a legimate property of an object reference, so why
isn't it documented somewhere?

-- Dennis Eisen