Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Syed Zeeshan Haider[_5_] Syed Zeeshan Haider[_5_] is offline

Default Deleting "Personal.xls" file

Thanks for response!

Does it mean that Personal.xls is only needed for global macros, otherwise,
Excel works fine without it?
Am I right?

Thanks!
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://szh.20m.com/

-----------------------------------
Allah says to Mankind:
"Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?"

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message ...
Syed,

You can recreate the personal.xls file by recording a macro and
indicating that you want it stored in the personal.xls file.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Syed Zeeshan Haider"
wrote in message ...
Hello Experts,
I have Excel 97 Pro on Win98SE.

I have written some complex macros in "Personal.xls" and locked

them with a
password. Now I have forgotten the password and unable to edit

the macros.
Fortunately, I have the backup copies of the macros as *.bas

files. I can
edit and insert them into Personal.xls. But I am unable to

access its VBA
project files.
If I delete Personal.xls then will it be recreated by Excel as

it is
launched (like word does if Normal.dot is deleted)?
Or is there any other easier way to restore the "default"

Personal.xls?

Thank you,
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.