Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Quaoar[_2_] Quaoar[_2_] is offline

Default Tracking Virtual Memory

roch1009 wrote:
I have an application written with Excel's VBA that performs batch
process on files using external programs. Often the program
eventually errors due to a depletion of virtual memory (which can be
restored if I closed and re-open the external program). How can I
track virtual memory using VBA, so that I can close and reopen the
program when the memory gets low?

Thanks,

Jeff

Well, Excel *is* notorious for leaking memory, and it has not gotten any
better with any revision or update since Excel 1.0 I used on a
Macintosh. The problem is prevalent in just the type of repetetive file
operations that you are doing, and I have never seen a posted definitive
solution. Having responded with this answer, maybe you and I will get
lucky.