Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sandy V[_6_] Sandy V[_6_] is offline

Default EXCEL keeps running in task manager

If I understand, you are left with an invisible instance
of Excel. Not an answer to your question, but to get out
of trouble Robert Bruce has a vbs script he has titled:

"Activate A Lost, Hidden Excel Instance"

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/xlvba/exc...elop/index.htm

Regards,
Sandy
savituk yahoo co uk