Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
A.W.J. Ales A.W.J. Ales is offline

Default Formula between Worksheets and Drop down list

Jason,

Try =Vlooup(A5,Sheet1!$A$100,2,0) in cell B5 of Sheet2 and copy down to
B80

Auk Ales

* Please reply to this newsgroup only *
* I will not react on unsolicited e-mails *

"jason4957 " wrote in message
I am new to the site but have already found some great info by searching
through the threads.
However there is one thing I cant find an answer for anywhere, and
it's driving me crazy because it doesn't seem like it should be as hard
as I must be making it. I really need to make this work...o.k here
goes..

On Sheet1 A5,A100 shows a Description of a product, then B5,B100
gives the prices of that product.
On Sheet2, I have a created drop down list for A5,A80 which lets
me choose from the products I listed on Sheet1 A5,A100

here's where the problem is...

On Sheet2, I need the B Column to automatically give the price of
whatever product that I select from the drop down list in Column A.
Once I get that I can then put in a Qty. in coulmn C and enter a
formula in column D to give a total.

I'm using the most current Excel. Thanks a million to anyone who has
some insight for this.

Jason

---