Ken Rock

Default Sort - links problem

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on this?

I have a 3 x 3 matrix with columns A,B,C and rows 1,2,3. Each cell contains
a simple link such as (=J6) but all 9 links are different. I write down a 9
x 2 matrix A1,B1,C1,A2,B2,C2,A3,B3,C3 in the first column with the values
of these cells in the second column. When I sort the first column to
A1,A2,A3,B1,B2 etc I expect the corresponding cells containing the values to
move to match the cell addresses. However, I find that the contents remain
in the same vertical order even though the cell addresses have been sorted.
What am I missing here?
TIA Ken Rock