Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add cells if values are the same in multiple columns

You could turn calculation to manual, run the macro and put it back to what it
was.

And since it's deleting a bunch of lines, make sure
tools|Options|view tab|page breaks is unchecked.

An alternative.

add headers to each column
select your range
data|pivottable
follow the wizard until you get to the step with a layout button on it.
Hit that layout button.

drag the button for A, D, E, F to the row range
drag the button for G, H, I, J to the data range

finish up the wizard

Drag the "data" button to the cell directly to its right.

Double click on each of the A, D, E, F headers and turn off the subtotals.

If you like it and need the data as data (not as a pivot table), you can
copy|paste special values and then use some of the techniques at Debra
Dalgleish's site to fill the empty cells with the one above it:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html

When I have to do this, sometimes I'll create a helper column and concatenate my
columns (but separate by a unique character):

=a2&"."&d2&"."&e2&"."&f2
then drag down.

then use a pivot table to summarize by that column

Convert to values and then do Data|text to columns to separate them again.

Erin Myers wrote:

Thanks, it seems to work great, it just takes a very long time. I went ahead and added to remove screen updating - but it doesn't seem to really speed it up much.

Does anyone have an idea how to speed this code up at all - if not, I can use it, bu tit takes almost an hour to run

Thanks for any other advice, and thankyou for your time thus far,

Erin

--

Dave Peterson