Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim[_22_] Jim[_22_] is offline

Default Help with figuring out last date

Hi
I have a carpet-cleaning business. I have set up a spreadsheet as
follows:

Date of service First Name Last Name Address Price #
of Jobs Alert

By the end of the year I may have a 1000 names some of which may have been
done several times in the year. I want to be alerted when the LAST service
done for any name is over 6 months old and have it Alert me in the Alert
column. If a person had their carpets cleaned on Jan 5, Jun 10 and Nov 23, I
need a formula that will alert me only 6 months after the last date(Nov 23)
not 6 months after Jan 5 or Jun 10. Using Sumproduct I can get that I have
done 3 jobs for the person, but how can I get the 6-month alert to work for
only the last of the 3 dates.
I want to be able to send out reminder cards for those who have not been
serviced in the last 6 months. Any ideas? Thanks much! Jim