Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Beto[_3_] Beto[_3_] is offline

Default Message box at file open

Hall wrote:

For a particular Excel file, I want a message box to open as soon as the
file is opened.

Do I need to use VBA for that?

If yes, I'm new to VBA. Any quick pointers?

Hi, you need to put this code in the Workbook_Open event.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Msgbox "This book has just been opened"
End Sub

How do you do this?
Start the Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11) and go to the Projet Explorer to
the left (where it says project and there is a tree with Microsoft Excel
Objects and Modules). If you don't see it, go to View/Project Explorer.
Now double-click on ThisWorkbook and on the code window put the code I
wrote above. That's all!

Beto
Reply: Erase between the dot (inclusive) and the @.
Responder: Borra la frase obvia y el punto previo.