Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steph[_3_] Steph[_3_] is offline

Default Delete rows that DO NOT contain certain text

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all of your help. One follow up
question - I ran this code, and it takes forever! I deleted all sheets in
the file expect for 2. Each of the 2 sheets has 38k rows. After 15
minutes, I cancelled the execution. Is my machine really slow, or is there
a quicker way to achieve this? Thanks again!

Steph

(Steph) wrote in message . com...
Hi. I have a file that has several sheets, and each sheet is about
40k rows long. It was an import from a text file. In column B is a
long text string. I need to delete all rows in every sheet that DO
NOT contain the word "logoff" OR "timeout" OR "logon" somewhere in the
cell in column B.

I am basically trying to delete the stuff I don't need so the file is
more manageable and can be worked with. Thanks in advance for your
help!

Steph