Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
foamfollower foamfollower is offline

Default How to add an argument to every cell in a range containing same type formula??

Hi,
Thanks for the help i received with a MsgBox question; it worked
great.
Another issue i have is this:
I have a block of data in cells G5:G3244. I have rearranged this one
column into three equal columns in P5:R1084 using the OFFSET function
in formulas like this, in cells P5,P6 and P7

=OFFSET(G2,3,0), =OFFSET(G3,3,0) and =OFFSET(G4,3,0)

this works great for the entire column of data and is almost instant
runtime.
considering my other slow macros, it was a pleasant surprise.

OK, the problem is that now i'm returning zero values in cells
refernced with no data. i know all i need to do is change each OFFSET
formula to look like this: =IF(ISBLANK(G5),"",=OFFSET(G2,3,0)).
i need a way to add the IfIsblank argument to every cell containing
the Offset
function, without changing the Offset formulas.
This would be a huge help, considering it took forever to make these
formulas (as i'm sure i probably did it the hard way) first, in the
'condensed data' section, i had to copy each row of formulas (three
colums wide each) into every third row, 1084 TIMES! then, go back and
delete the two rows in between each formula row. No Fun at All.

Thanks for any help,

SF