Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jo[_6_] Jo[_6_] is offline

Default password protect on workbook problem

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
Problem
It is asking for a password on opening. I would like the
user to be able to open it without knowing the password
(but only in a read-only capacity). Open with password
for write access.
Thanks
Jo

Your code works perfectly for me as is. How is it
failing for you?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

Subject: password protect on workbook
From: "Jo" Sent:
1/19/2004 12:54:49 PM

Hi
I am trying to save a file that requires a passowrd not
for opening , but only for opening and saving.
I would like password to be false and WriteResPassword
true.
The below code is not working for me.
Thanks
Jo
Password Optional Variant. A case-sensitive string (no
more than 15 characters) that indicates the protection
password to be given to the file.
WriteResPassword Optional Variant. A string that
indicates the write-reservation password for this file. If
a file is saved with the password and the password isn't
supplied when the file is opened, the file is opened as
read-only.

Sub save()
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "jo", xlNormal, , "anne"
End Sub
..