Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Adam[_9_] Adam[_9_] is offline

Default Vlookup and text

Ok, i'm a bit of a newbie and teaching myself as I go along but here is my problem

I've got a sheet called data that contain referances and names and addresses and looks something like thi
REFERENCE NAME ADDRESS1 ADDRESS2 POSTCODE TELEPHON
1 10001A FRED 2 THE STREET THE TOWN CR0 012345467
2 10002A BOB 3 OTHER STREET TOWN2 RH1 012355874
3 20001C ADAM 4 OTHER STREET TOWN3 G34 0141574565
4 10003A SUSAN 5 OTHER PLACE TOWN4 F54 015455545
ETC...
..
..
1000......

I want to enter the reference (which is always be both numbers and text) into textbox1 and pull the other cells into textbox2, 3 & 4 etc using vlookup

I've tralled through pages of forums but seem to be getting myself more confused

Can someone provide me with the code using vlookup and expain it so that I can use it correctly in future

thanks

Ada