Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SolarBlue SolarBlue is offline

Default Subdividing 1 grouping of data into 6

Hi

I have 2 columns of data that I have imported from a txt file. Column
is a date (dd-mmm-yy) and Column B is a time (hh:mm:ss)

i.e
A1= 26 Jan 04, B1= 19:45:33
A2= 25 Feb 04, B2= 04:13:12
A3=15 Mar 04, B3= 11:15:30
-- ---- --- -- -- --- --- ---
A12= 12 Dec 04, B12= 11:12:13
A13= 13 Jan 05, B13= 08:23:13
A14= 25 Feb 05, B14= 04:13:12
A15=15 Mar 05, B15= 11:15:30

And so on for 6 years worth.

Problem: Each year can have either 12 or 13 enteries, so I could end u
importing a minimum of 72 enteries, or maximum of 78.

I need a statement that can identify the 'year' of the cell in Column
and copy A1 and B1 into a new section of the worksheet, then drop dow
to A2. If A2 is from the same year as A1, then copy A2 and B2 righ
under where I put the previous entry. Keep doing this (for either 12 o
13 times), then when the cell has a year +1 (ie the next year), star
copying into a different section.
Stop when I get to a cell with nothing in it.
What I end up with is 6 new groupings, one for each year.
From here I can manipulate etc as required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as while I have a basi
understanding of simple macros, these 'conditional' loops and staement
are just beyond my current level of knowledge