Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help in excel with "Statement invalid outside Type block. "error

" = quotes
() = parentheses

Option Explicit
Dim cce17 As Double
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("E17")) Is Nothing Then
cce17 = Len(Target.Value)
If cce17 28 Then
MsgBox "You have entered a value in this field that is " _
& cce17 & " characters in length. " _
& "You will need to shorten your entry by " & cce17 - 28 _
& " characters.", vbAbortRetryIgnore, "InvalidEntry"

But I would think that this would be under the worksheet_change event--don't
check when the user changes the selection, check when they hit the enter key.

"rcuatman <" wrote:

I made the changes you suggest. Now moy code looks like this:

Dim cce17 As Double
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("E17")) Is Nothing Then
cce17 = Len(E17)
If cce17 28 Then
MsgBox(You have entered a value in this field that is &
cce17 & characters in length. You will need to shorten your entry by
& 28 - cce17 & characters., vbAbortRetryIgnore, "InvalidEntry ")

And it will not compile. I get a syntax error.

Did I miss something?

---

Dave Peterson