Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MWE MWE is offline

Default Worksheet_Change sub causes funny results

I am running Excel2000 under WinXP. I have an Excel
application with a fair amount of VBA code. I use the
worksheet sub "Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)" to
keep track of various things done for a given worksheet.
I have used this approach for several years running
Excel2000 on Win2k. I now notice something different. If
the macros are enabled and I delete a row or column in one
of the tabs with the Worksheet_Change sub and that sub
calls any other sub, Excel hangs. I can sweep huge cell
areas and things work OK, but if I select a single row or
column, Excel hangs. Resource use remains at a few
percent, other tasks run find (while Excel is hung), etc.
I can get Excel's attention by clicking on the upper right
hand corner X. If I cancel out of the resulting close
window, everything seems OK.

Any help would be appreciated.