Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
John Wilson John Wilson is offline

Default TextBox Focus

Tom,

No you shouldn't,

You're right. I tried what you suggested in a brand new workboook
with a brand new userform and it worked as you said it would.

so there must be more involved than what you describe

Obviously something in my coding or whatever on that UserForm.
I'll go back and try to find out where my mistake is.

Thanks,
John

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
No you shouldn't, so there must be more involved than what you describe.

--
Regards
Tom Ogilvy

"John Wilson" wrote in message
Tom,

Tried that and it didn't work :-(
I'll play around wit it again tomorrow and see if I can
come up with something else.
The easy way out would be to place both TextBoxes in the
same Frame but I shoudn't "have" to do that.

Thanks,
John

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
frame1 - tabindex 0
frame2 - tabindex 1

within each frame, the textboxes had tabindex 0

for me, hitting enter in textbox1 (frame1) put the focus in the

textbox
in
frame2

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"John Wilson" wrote in message
Wondering if this is possible (it's giving me an error).

On a UserForm
I have Frame1 with TextBox1 in it.
I have Frame2 with TextBox2 in it.

How can I set focus to TextBox2 in the AfterUpdate event for

TextBox1??
Frame2.TextBox2.SetFocus ' doesn't work
TextBox2.SetFocus ' doesn't work

Setting the Tab order doesn't work either.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
John