klafert

Thanks so much, love the site you refer me to. Also, I was worried about the
data for when I save it in .csv format, because I have to import this data.
But I did a test save in that format and think it will be fine.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I think that if you spend a little more time with pivottables, you'll be happier
with a pivottable.

(Give it an hour and you'll be an expert!)

If you want to read more about the pivottable stuff, you may want to look at
some links:

Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
And Debra's own site:

John Walkenbach also has some at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm
(look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database)

Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at:

MS has some at (xl2000 and xl2002):
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/XCrtPiv.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...lconPT101.aspx

klafert wrote:

Below is sample data. What I am trying to do is that I have the Headings on
1 row and different columns. Second row has the detailed data in the rows
and columns below, (as normal). I have the spread sheet sorted bye
Customer ID and Item Description.

The third row is the subtotal row. I only need the data on the Subtotal
Row. However, I need on that same Line the second line data for the
headings. When I use the subtotal command - it only shows on the subtotal
line the total for the Quantity and Item description. Because I told it to
subtotal those fields when the Item description changes. I am getting the
correct total, but donĂ¢‚¬„¢t need the details. But don't want to have to retype
the customer ID Sales and other headings on the subtotal line. If this is
not to confusing. I was looking at Pivot table and kind of understood but
little confuse on the process. Of course whatever way is better.

CustomerID Quantity ItemDescription Sales
Customer_Bill_Name

ACADEMY 1 Buck Snort Assortment C 65.52 Academy -
Houston

1 Buck Snort Assortment C Total 65.52

--

Dave Peterson