Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ZABU ZABU is offline

Default Mailing from Excel and message question

I have a workbook that will email itself to a list of people and then
perform a series of actions in a macro. I have a couple of questions.

1. I am using the SendMail function and it allows me to list recipients and
put a subject in the subject line but will not allow me to add a message,
any ideas on how to add a message?

2. after the step above the macro performs a number of operations that take
some time (20-30 seconds). I would like to have a message box that tells
the user to wait while the operation takes place and then say the worksheet
will close in 5 seconds. The available message box choices I can find have
buttons that require the user to reply by pressing the OK button and the
macro will not continue until this is done. Is there a way to display only
a box with no buttons that contains a message? Also is there an easy way to
display a countdown timer for the 5 second box?

Thanks for you help in advance

ZABU