Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tmarko tmarko is offline

Default Spreadsheet component in an ActiveX dll

Is it possible to use the office spreadsheet component
without having a userform to place the component on? I
would like to make calculations on the server instead of
on the clients. My server code constitutes of different
ActiveX dll-s. I would like to populate the spreadsheet
component with data from a recordset from my SQL200
database. In the spreadsheet I would calculate a lot of
formulas that is also coming from the databse. Then I
would like to get the result in XML from the component.
The data then will be selected and parts of it sent to the
client where XML then populates Excel2002 and the figures
are shown on the client.

Is this possible to accomplish? If yes where can I get
some code examples to get some ideas.