Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joe Granda Joe Granda is offline

Default Auto_Open only on initial file open

I have a spreadsheet that uses CB macro Auto_Open today
that makes a data request and populates my spreadsheet
the first time it is open. However, it does not rerun
this macro on subequent openings of this file. This is
my desired result.

I am creating a new spreadsheet that also populates
itself with a new set of data. However, every time I
save and open the file, it adds in more data and moves
the existing data to its right. This is not the desired
result. Is there a setting I am missing or should I use
a different command than Auto_Open. I do want this macro
to run the first time I open the file but just not
subsequent requests.

Thanks for your help.