Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Username The Sequel

I'll give it a try

Go to the VB IDE (Alt-F11)
Click on the workbook name in the project explorer window (top left of
window)
Click InsertModule
Paste the code I supplied previously in there in the code module that opens
up
In the project explorer, ensure that the 'Microsoft Excel Objects' section
is expanded (the + sign beside it changes to a -)
Double-click the ThisWorkbook entry
Add this code to that code module

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Application.UserName = UserName()

record the logged on user. I am not sure this will work as I never use
shared workbooks, but the principle seems right and the app username does
get updated.

By the way, my email is anti-spammed. My signature tells how to overcome it
so that it doesn't get bounced.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"teabag" wrote in message
Bob, thank you very much for your prompt help.

Unfortunately I don't know what to do with the code you so kindly wrote.

(No politically incorrect suggestions, please!)
Tried to put it into a cell with the function CALL but couldn't work out

which bits went where.
I have made some usable workbooks using a very wide range of Excel

capabilities (learning from Help) but have never done Visual Basic;
presumably that's my problem!
However, if there is a simple hint you can give me, I'd be very grateful.
Otherwise I guess I'll have to look for a programmer who is willing to do

this one thing...

In any case, thanks again. Oh - your email reply address bounced...

teabag.