David McRitchie

Hi Mike,
If the cells are constants (no formulas), how about using a
Change Event macro instead.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#case
---
HTH,

"Mike M" <Mike wrote in message ...
I want to apply conditional formatting on approximately 20 conditions. I
downloaded the xlDynamic Add-IN, which is exactly what i want to do, but it
doesn't seem to work with megred cells. When I apply conditional formats to
merged cells, it un-merges them and re-merging them doesn't work either. I
want to apply this to multiple ranges within a worksheet (to a total of about
3000 merged cells within a worksheet). I'm not very familiar with worksheet
code and from what I've read in other postings, that looks a little
complicated for multiple ranges with this many conditions. I basically just
want to change the fill color of the cell based on an input number of 1
through 20. I am running Excel 2003 and XP Pro. Thanks