Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
R.Venkataraman R.Venkataraman is offline

Default calliing seriescollection by name

I do have some experience in vba though not an expert.
However I accept the REBUKE and shall amend.

Sriram N A wrote in message
There is no Activate method for the Series Object in the Excel object

model.
However the Chart object does have both Activate and Select methods.

You could avoid trial and error by spending some time to study the Excel
object model (press F2 in the VBA editor).

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote in message
so far I thought "activate" and "select" are more or less synonymous.
But they are not.
at the same time if I use
chart("chart1").activate ( or select) both work.

what is the logic. Or is there flaw in my logic?