Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Fogleman Mike Fogleman is offline

Default Macro to save file and print document

this will handle a date and text or numbers: changes 1/13/2004 to 1_13_2004

Sub SaveAs()
Dim rngA3

rngA3 = Sheet1.Range("A3").Value
If IsDate(rngA3) = True Then
rngA3 = Replace(rngA3, "/", "_")
End If
ChDir "C:\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\" & rngA3 & " Sales orders.xls", _
FileFormat:=xlNormal _
, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _
CreateBackup:=False
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
End Sub

"abxy " wrote in message
What if cell A3 is date? because excel isn't letting me save the file
because of cell's date separators(/), I've tried changing the format of
the date in the cell, but Excel still interprets the date with /
symbols, so i can't save it, becuase windows thinks the /'s are part of
a path name

---