Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Paul is offline

Default Help with moving cells of info around.

I have created a worksheet that sorts data I copy from a
different file. The data after it is sorted is comprised
down to 3 columns of information with the first column
(AA) being the customer's name, followed by sales, ytd,
and last year total. I have a master list of all customers
in column b. What I want to do is sort the compressed data
based upon where the master record in located in the list
of rows.

Example

b10 = Smith Barney - aa3 = Smith Barney. I want to move
cell aa3-ad3 to cell aa10-ad10 to match up the records.
This could be done manually, but I have 6000 records to
adjust. Keep in mind that all information below aa3 needs
to move along with aa3-ad3 to keep all data in tack. To
add a little more complexity to this, the names are sorted
by Canadian and US customers. With empty cells separating
the two sets of information chains.

Can someone help me with a loop statement that will make
this easier than what I am doing now? (Manual)

Any help will be truly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Paul