Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cjorgensen[_2_] cjorgensen[_2_] is offline

Default Dynamic Pivot

Hi,
I had success last time I posted a problem here, so I'll try again :D

I am creating a program that has several hidden sheets with larg
amounts of data. I created a login procedure that identifies the user
Then the program extracts user specific data from a hidden sheet, an
puts it in a "user data sheet". The program then creates a pivot on th
fly based on this data (this is done because the user *only shoul
access his/hers data* ).

It works perfectly unless the user is allowed to access large amount
of data - the pivot creation crashes since I reach the pivot cach
limit.

Is the
1) A way to get the limitation (cache) from the users excel app?
2) A way to calculate the source datas use of cache BEFORE executin
the pivot generation

If this was possible I could create different "sets" of pivot field
based on the limitations in Excel, e.g. reduce columns/rows for user
with access to large amounts of data.

If you have other nice solutions to similar problems they are deepl
appreciated!

Have a nice day everyone :