Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default Workbook backup before opening?

Suggest you use a 4 digit year to make the date less
ambiguous. perhaps something like
dname = "c:\mybackup\B" & Format(Now(), "yyyy_mmdd")

You could use BeforeSave described in
Backup your files, always take backups
Location: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm

and in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/events.htm

--
---
HTH,

"toothfish__" wrote in message ...
I am trying to create a backup of a workbook before
opening it for new updates, I think I have the code right
but am not sure where to place this code so that it
executes before the "Current" workbook opens? my code is
as follows;
==
Dim Source, Destination
Source = "C:\Current.xls"
Destination = "C:\Backup\Current_" &Format(Date,"YYMMDD")
& ".xls"
FileCopy Source, Destination
==

Any advice, help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,