nmodafferi

Default how to add a letter in front of each number in a cell

I am working on this project & I cant figure out how to add a letter in
front of each number in a cell without clicking in to each individual cell
and typing it in. (very time consuming and tedious) The problem is - it's not
all the cells but a majority, all of the numbers are in the same column. To
explain, these are documents in storage. Each item is assigned a number (not
in any particular numerical order but they have to stay in the order they are.

Example:

X39655
X39656
X39711
39662
39664
39665

The last three numbers need the X in front of them.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!!

I read this previous reply and I'm not getting it.......I'm Excel challenged
:-(

Use a help formula

=Sheet1!A1&"scc"

copy down/across, then copy and paste special as values in place ,
finally replace the old values with the new

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom