Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
R.Venkataraman R.Venkataraman is offline

Default calliing seriescollection by name

continuation of my previoous message on the subject. I seemed to have found
a solution through trial and rror though logic escapes me.
suppose in a chartsheet "chart1" I have two charts named "a" and "rv" then
if I use expression "select" instead of "activate" it works.
suppose chart1 is selected
when I use
activechart.SeriesCollection("a").activate
it gives runtime error 438

if I use
activechart.SeriesCollection("a").select
it works.

so far I thought "activate" and "select" are more or less synonymous. But
they are not.
at the same time if I use
chart("chart1").activate ( or select) both work.

what is the logic. Or is there flaw in my logic?