PK

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Unfortunately, one of the many limitations of pivot charts is that they
only allow a purely categorical category axis, and no time-scale axis.

You could include records in your pivot table source data range that
include the missing dates but have blanks for the actual data. You'll have
to right click on the date field header, choose Field Settings from the
context menu, and check Show Items with No Data.

Or you could make a regular chart from the pivot table:
- select a blank cell which is not connected to the pivot table
- start the chart wizard, choose the chart type in step 1
- click on the Series tab in step 2, and enter the name and values for
each series separately

Thanks Jon, this is what I ended up doing and it looks pretty good ... now
if only I knew how to set the default line width and backgrounds on all
charts to something I can see more easily I'll be set. It's quite a lot of
work to format ~30 charts changing backgrounds and increasing line width on
5 series per chart.

Thanks again,
PK

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Tushar Mehta wrote:

Did you try the default chart that XL creates based on your PivotTable?
Once you have that, if it is not already a Line chart, change the type
(select the chart, then Chart | Chart Type...). If the x-values are not
correctly spaced, click the chart then Chart | Chart Options... | Axes
tab. In there set the type of the x-axis to 'Time scale'.