Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default slow file to open

Even wonder if the poster is bragging or complaining.
Okay they have a 2.4GHz machine so it's a complaint.

Take a look at my page on Slow Response
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm
---
HTH,

"pabs " wrote in message ...
I have a file that is 1.4 Mb in size and when I open it, it take really
long... about 15 seconds on a fairly fast machine (P4, 2.4Ghz)
at home it takes double the time..

it seems to stick at 30 or 40 %...just sits there and turns and
turns...then it snaps out of it and open the file

I have other files that are close in size (900K) and they open up in
split second. so I don't think it's size related

is there a way to see what excel is trying to do when it opens my slow
file?

thanks

PAbs

---