Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_9_] Ed[_9_] is offline

Default Use Word VBA string in Excel macro?

I write reports in Word and save them using a Word VBA macro, which pulls
certain bits of info from the doc and puts them together in a string to
specify file path and name.

Then I need to put a hyperlink to that doc on my worksheet. How easy would
it be to use the Word file path/name string as my hyperlink string in Excel?
(I'm trying to save having to navigate through folders to the doc each time
I use Ctrl+K. Also, the path link is long and always truncated in the
dialog box, so I have to manually massage each one. A string in a macro
seems easier.)

Ed