Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default auto filter question

Hi Scott,
Look at SUBTOTAL Worksheet Function in Excel HELP
SUBTOTAL(9,range) gets you equivalent of normal =SUM(range)
you may have up to 29 ranges in SUBTOTAL
SUBTOTAL(9,range1, range2, ..., range29)
you may have up to 30 arguments in SUM

Hope the worksheet function is what you are looking for as
opposed to needing a macro.
----

"scott23" wrote in message om...
Hi folks ...
In my table i am using autofilter on the headings.

In another worksheet i have many different formulas doing data
analysis on this table using ranges of data from it. My question is,
how can i filter different columns of data in this table and then
have the formulas use only the filtered range of data that is visible
rather than the total range of data regardless of the filter.

Thanks in advance.
scott