Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.querydao
Jose Rojas Jose Rojas is offline

Default Importing/querying data from .mdb file into Excel

Hi Js, theres a way to doit either by using DAO or ADO I will like to know
how is your level of knowleadge in VBA in excel in order to direct my answer
more appropiate.
Jose Rojas
"jimmy shaker." wrote in message
.. .

Forgot to mention one thing...when the Excel file queries the Access
database, the POC name, IP address, etc will go to certain cells
within the spreadsheet if that matters any.

Thanks again,
js.

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:56:52 GMT, (jimmy
shaker.) wrote:

Hello everyone, here's my situation...

I have a Microsoft Access database file that contains information on
computer systems, such as their computer names, their IP addresses,
CPU model, POC name, etc.

What I want to do with an Excel file is that when I type the computer
name in a cell, Excel will then query the .mdb file and automatically
fill in other cells with the POC name, IP address, and CPU model of
that particular computer system that is contained in the .mdb file.

Question #1
Is this possible?

Question #2a
If it is possible, what would be the best means of doing this??

Question #2b
If it's not possible, what would be an alternative to doing what I
need it to do (querying the .mdb for information based on a computer
name)?

-js.