Gord Dibben

Quoted from

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/def...TRO&style=flat

The MVP Program is focused on our relationships to and with customers via
online and offline communities. The program celebrates our best, most active
customers who have demonstrated a technical passion and willingness to share
their expertise with others.

For more on the MVP Program.......

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

As far as the MOUS certification goes.........I know nothing about that
subject so cannot comment on it. I'm sure there are others who could shed
some light on the various certification programs offered by Microsoft.

They will now jump in with information........right?

Gord

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:39:07 -0800, "RoyalCandle"
wrote:

Thank you, Gord. I visited the sites you listed and found some very
interesting information. I do have another question. I noticed you listed
the initials MVP after your name. Is this a new MS certification? Also, I
am an MCP in NT 4.0 (lack the last test to get the MCSE). My career has
changed quite a bit since I received my certification and I've thought
seriously about get the MOS certifications. The MS website recommends the
step-by-step books to get ready for the MOS tests (even the expert level).
However, I used the MS Access step-by-step and it did not seem to go into a
lot of depth. This makes me wonder if the certifications are worth the time
and cost and/or if the books recommended really prepare you for the
certifications. Could you provide any guidance on this? Thank you so much.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You can preserve the alternate row coloring using Conditional Formatting.

See Chip Pearson's site for details.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm

Also check out his SortbyColor code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

For more really good stuff see his Index Page.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm

Gord

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:49:22 -0800, "RoyalCandle"
wrote:

Yes, the cells were manually formatted with different colors and I am trying
to preserve the color of the rows during a sort. Other than autoformatting
my spreadsheet, is there anyway I can preserve the color of each row and do a
sort? Thank you so much!! This is very helpful!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Yes it does if you have manually formatted the rows'/cells' colors.

What has prompted this question?

Are you trying to preserve an alternately-colored set of rows while sorting?

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:31:08 -0800, "RoyalCandle"
wrote:

I am working with an Excel database in which rows have been formatted in
different colors. My question may be stupid, but does the color format of
the cells "follow" when you do a sort?