Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default scrollbar control of a chart, live or not live

Hi Brian,

Whenever I have experience this it has been releated to whether the
control was of the forms or control toolbox variety.

forms controls update on completion whereas the control toolbox ones
give the "live" response.

Brian Murphy wrote:
Hello Excel'ers,

This question is not really a programming question, but here goes.

I'm baffled.

I have a very long list of xy data points.

And I can create a chart that shows just a subset of the data, and by using
defined names with the =OFFSET function, I can use a spinner or scrollbar to
have the chart "move" through the data. All this works fine with no
problems, and I've used this technique a lot.

However, in some of my files the chart is "LIVE". Which means the chart
updates continuously while the spinner or scrollbar is being changed. While
other times the chart does not update until I stop scrolling (i.e., release
the mouse button).

Even on different on worksheets within the same file, the chart on one sheet
may update live, while on another sheet it won't.

It seems like it might to be some property of the Worksheet object, but I've
checked the properties in the VBA properties window, and could find no
differences (EnableCalculation property, for example).

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,

Brian Murphy
Austin, Texas