Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Lookup Tables

Kevin,

Setup your table as, for example

M1: 0 N1: xxx
M2: 10.01 N2: xxx
M3:15.01 N3: xxxx
etc.

In B1, use
=VLOOKUP(A1,$M$1:$N$10,2,FALSE)

I am assuming that you want this formula to be echoed on screen, not that it
is a worksheet formula that you want to automatically run.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kevin" wrote in message
I'm trying to develop a formula to extract info from a
table. The vertical column is a range that corresponds to
a calculation in the table body. I must have a calculated
number be able to pick the correct range and then the
lookup functions would be able to pick the associated
formula.

E.g. if cell A1 = 15.3, I have a column such as:

0 - 10 xxx
10.01 - 15 xxx
15.01 - 20 xxx
where xxx is the formula.
How can I get it to pick the third row formula without a
nest of if statements (I have many lines)?

Thanks.