Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel VBA - Trying to change color of cell conditionally

Abraham,

Why don't you post me the workbook. Post it to

bob . phillips @ tiscali . co . uk

remove the embedded spaces.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"abrahamvionas " wrote in
message ...
I know I'm frustrating because I'm such a newbie with VB, sorry about
that. Thanks for your insightful assistance though.

I suspect that the Iterations I have turned on for the worksheet are
causing problems for the VB script. I suspect this because each time I
move on to the next cell to put in a different value the percentage
cell associated with the last cell I changed resets (i.e. goes back to
containing NO value).

However, without the Iterations being turned on my formulas don't work
because they'd create circular references. And yet I don't have a clue
about how to do the same thing I've managed to do with Iterations and
Formulas in Excel, in VB.

The psuedo code would go something like this:

Upon a change in the value of AnyCell in Range("C4:K4","C9:K9")
Do:
Store previous value into X
Divide value in X by new Value
Display resulting percentage in CellChanged.Offset(1,0) -- i.e.
right below the cell in which a change occured.

Mostly the part I can't think of a way to do is making it be triggered
by a change to a cells value, and then recognizing which cell was
changed, and storing data in appropriate variables (which have an
established association with the variable which has changed) - say the
initial change occurs in C4, the procedure would need to identify that
fact, and then store the following values in C6 and C7, and display the
resulting percentage in C5.

Again, sorry to be such a pain, I really appreciate your help!

---