Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
James Stephens James Stephens is offline

Default Finding last number in cell

Here is my situation. I hav a macro that inputs into excel all the file names in a directory and I get results like this in coulmn A. There will not always be the same number of files, it changes each tim

:\ab123
:\df113
:\gh234

My problem comes in editing the list - I need to first remove all of the ":\" from each cell (file name), and then I need to get the last value in the name to sort the files, in this case it would be

and I would want to but those values in column B

I am currently searching through google but any help would be greatly appreciated

Jim