Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
eli silverman eli silverman is offline

Default finding the last row populated in an excel object

I have a VB application that I am using to create a series of excel reports. I am using excel's copy from recordset to transfer an adodb.recordset to my excel object starting in cell A4. The problem I need to resolve is I need to find the highest row populated in the excel object. For whatever reason I am unable to access the adodb.recordset's .recordcount
property. I need to add text at the bottom of the excel so I want to be able to see that the highest populated row is 255 now I can assign a text value to cell A256. How do I identify the maximum row populated in column a considering that data in column A will not begin untill cell A4. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.