Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.vc.mfc
Lisa Pearlson Lisa Pearlson is offline

Default CSV (Comma Separated Values) delimiter ?

Thanks!

"CheckAbdoul" <checkabdoul at mvps dot org wrote in message
The settings is based on indivudual user. Try

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International
Name: sList
--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"Lisa Pearlson" wrote in message

My app exports data in CSV format, using comma separated values.
A .csv file is associated with Excel by default and clicking on it opens

it
up in Excel.
However, the delimiter depends on regional settings.
Using a comma when regional settings are for the Netherlands, fails

because
it expects a semicolon then.
For USA it is a comma.

This information should be stored somewhere in the windows registry.
Can anyone tell me where I can find what delimiter is being used on that

PC?

Lisa