Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Disable Add/Delete/Move Worksheets

Protect your workbook jamiee

ToolsProtectionProtect workbook

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"jamiee" wrote in message om...
Hi

I'm looking for an easy way of being able to prevent a user from being
able to manually add/delete or move worksheets in an excel workbook.
I'm thinking that the best way of doing this is to use the
workbook_activate and workbook_deactivate event procedures to initiate
code where these options are removed from the 'Edit' and 'Insert'
dropdown menus in the main menu and also the menu that appears when
you right-click a worksheet's name.

However, do I have to complete remove the items from the menus?, or
can I simply write some code to make them 'disabled' (e.g faded
writting).

Do I have to refer spefically to the menus mentioned above or can I
write code that disables the add/delete and move options.

Any help appreciated.