Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Text Box exit

Hi Bob

I found this KB

OFF2000: Exit Event for TextBox in a Frame Does Not Run Correctly
http://support.microsoft.com/default...34&Product=xlw

Me neither, other than to get rid of frames<VBG

I think this was my solution then<g

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message ...
Hi Ron,

Me neither, other than to get rid of frames<VBG

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
Hi Bob

Now I remember it that I have this problem ones.
But I can't remember the workeround.

I try to find it

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

Ron,

The frame is the problem.

The tab out fires the Frame exit event not the textbox exit event.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ron de Bruin" wrote in message
You must set Cancel to True Jamal

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
If TextBox1.Value < 100 Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox "You must enter ....."
TextBox1.SelStart = 0
TextBox1.SelLength = Len(TextBox1.Text)

Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Jamal" wrote in message
I am trying to write code so that when the value entered
in a textbox does not meet certain criteria, the text in
the textbox is selected for correction by the user. Please
see the code below.

Once the user presses the tab key the message is displayed
but the focus is lost and goes on to the next textbox or
next frame if the textbox is the last one in the current
frame. I have tried before update and change as well as
exit. What am I doing wrong? How can I get it to go back
and highlight the textbox with incorrect text/value.
Thanks for your help.

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As
MSForms.ReturnBoolean)

If TextBox1.Value < 100 Then

msgbox "You must enter ....."

TextBox1.SetFocus