Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Can't open an Excel document

Sure someone hasn't opened the document in word and done a save. Try
opening it in word and see what you get. If this has happended, it is
probably worthless as an excel file.

Tom Ogilvy

winekno wrote in message
Hello:
I downloaded Open Office, and ran the spreadsheet application. I tried to

open the file and got an error msg that said that it couldnt open it because
it was an incorrect file format. This was very disappointing.

I also tried to go back to Excel and do a file open, and clicking on the

down arrow for repair file but I don't have that option. The down arrow
only gives me the following choices: Open, Open Read only, Open copy

Any further suggestions on either of the above would be greatly

appreciated. Thanks.